Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fair Time

The time has come again for the Iowa State Fair!  Sadly I didn't enter any photographs in the fair this year.  I haven't had much time to get out to take photos and I don't have a back log of fantastic fair-worthy photos to choose from.  Next year I look forward to entering photographs again.

Despite having a very busy year so far (how is it July already??) I have had time to knit so I am planning on entering some of my knit items in the Fabrics & Threads division.  This year I hope to enter these items...and the blanket will go only if I get it finished (I'm about 75% done).

DSC_5355


Starting from Front Center around Counter Clockwise:


I don't have any expectations of winning, just sharing my love of knitting with others.  A lot of my friends are entering again this year so I'm excited to see my items on display with theirs!  I'll also be happy when the fair is over and I can give these items to their intended recipients (and return a gift I've already given but took back for the fair!)!

4 comments:

Tina J. said...

They're all beautiful. I can't imagine that you wouldn't win!!
I decided not to enter our fair this year... Really I've only picked up the needles this year, in the last couple of weeks - so I don't have much to show this year anyway.
So happy you had time to blog. Hoping work slows down and you can resume your life soon!

Meredith said...

It's great that you submit these - good luck!

Bluebird49 said...

Bet you'll win something! Have youall moved yet?

Nice to see you posting again!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to check out your fair knitting in person. I can't believe it's already fair time.