Friday, March 25, 2011

MIA

Hi!

I didn't mean to disappear for so very long.  I don't know when I'll be back but I thought I would drop in and say hi!  Here is what I've been up to the last several months:
  • I haven't uploaded a photo to Flickr since January 1.
  • The knitting retreat went so very well.  I had a great time and I know others did which made all the hard work worth it.  I couldn't have done it without the help of the planning committee!
  • My grandfather passed away at the beginning of February.  He was ill and decided he was done, a decision I respect.  It was really hard on my Dad and brought up a lot of regret for me because I didn't know him really well.
  • On March 11 Shane & I celebrated our 6 year anniversary.  I can't believe that we have been married for that long - it seems like just yesterday that celebrated our wedding day!
  • My YIP 2 project.....over.  I stopped around February 15th.  I tried to at least make it to March 7th, which would have been a full 6 months but I just couldn't do it.  I just wasn't enjoying it and frankly, my pictures are disappointing me lately.
  • I have knit lots of baby stuff....and have more to knit!  I love knitting baby stuff!
  • Over the last 6 weeks I have averaged 47 hours at work per week.  That can stop now (and did, it was only 43 hours this week!).
  • Monday marks 6 months since I started this "new" job. 6 months?  Really?
  • We are house hunting! For a grown up house!  This is one of my top favorites.  I am so in love with the exterior, deck & yard it isn't funny.
  • I miss reading my friends blogs. But I can't seem to find the time to stay caught up....
  • I have bought some great yarn over the last few months.  I didn't need any of it but I love it all.
  • Soon I want to knit a "hard" project.  It isn't that I can't do it I just don't feel like I have the brain power any more.  I am ready for a challenge though and I have a lot of great projects lined up!
  • My puppies and my husband are sweet and darling as ever - they keep me going and love me despite all my crazy!
I hope that you all have been doing well! I do miss you and hope to make blogging a regular part of my life again soon! I do have lots of knitting to show and of course all the yarn goodies to share.....
Until next time...take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

It sounds like you've been incredibly busy, so it's understandable that blogging takes a backseat. I feel the same way sometimes.

Tina J. said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. You and your family will be in my prayers.

On a happier note, the house is AWESOME! That kitchen is GORGEOUS! I think it made Scott and me decide to stay put, because there's nothing that nice, here in Sidney! (we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.)

So happy to hear from you again. Can't wait to see knitting pictures, when you have time.

Tracey Rhodes said...

Lovely house, Sara...I can see lots of cozy puppy knitting days there!

Lisa said...

SO nice to see you around again! Post when you can, it's always a pleasure to read!

So sorry to about your grandfather. I hope his was a full and happy life!

So knitting lots of baby stuff eh? ; )

Happy belated anniversary! The time sure does fly doesn't it! And lovely house!! So excited for you : )

Jess said...

That is a beautiful house, can see why you love it! Glad you are back!!