Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Day Away

This past Saturday I had the chance to escape Des Moines for a while and spend the day with Wendie, Barb & Bob.  We started the day at Pine Needles quilt shop which was an amazingly wonderful store!  After fabric shopping we had a terrific lunch at Java Creek coffee shop then we headed to Fae Ridge Farm and finished off a perfect day with a fantastic dinner at Taste of India. Great food, fantastic shopping, a day full of laughter, terrific places to visit, perfect day for taking pictures and wonderful friends.  It was a perfect day and just the break I needed from the last few weeks that have been so busy.

I've posted about Fae Ridge before when I first visited in September of 2009 and again in May of 2010.  I don't think I'll ever get sick of posting about Fae Ridge and I'll keep wishing I lived close to this wonderful farm.  Whenever I set foot on the grounds I feel happy - I forget about the rest of the world for a while.  I enjoy laughter with the knitting group and relish in the beauty of the land from behind the camera.  

Fae Ridge is where I took the picture of Suki, the angora goat that won me the third place ribbon at the fair. I always love seeing what new things I can find at the farm to take pictures of and, of course, I feel the need to share some of my favorite photos each time so why should this time be any different?

DSC_3426

DSC_3465

DSC_3398_edited-1

DSC_3435

DSC_3418_edited-1

DSC_3437_edited-1

DSC_3360

DSC_3466_edited-1

DSC_3536_edited-1

DSC_3442_edited-1

All the photos I've taken at Fae Ridge can be seen here (most recent photos are first).

5 comments:

Karen said...

They're all excellent, but I particularly love the barbed wire and the spider web - stunning!

Diet Coke Mom said...

Your pictures always have such wonderful details. I love the duck and how the sun shadowed his wings on his belly. I'm glad you had a nice day. It's always such a pleasure when you get to come over here.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great. As always. I love the details you caught this time at the farm.

And I wish I could've been there with you guys!

Jess said...

Hey you got a great picture of Gray Leaf Spot on that corn. I love the kitty stretching as always you captured some beautiful pictures!

Meredith said...

That duck (goose?) picture is great! And I always love the kitty pictures. :)