Sunday, August 1, 2010

Year In Pictures Week 47

323:365 - Sharps

DSC_2915

07/25/2010 - When I cook I use a lot of knives. I'm so thankful to have a nice knife block that can hold a good stack of knives for me.

324:365 - Go Go Gadget Extendo Tounge

DSC_2916

07/26/2010 - Can you see that monkey there? Up on the counter, head hanging out of that wooden tray? Well, Sparky wants to rip that monkey apart. I think the monkey had already lost his tail and a leg to Sparky but clearly Sparky wasn't done. Even though he is sitting right in front of his toy box Sparky sat in this position (and stood up to scratch the wall) because he wanted THAT monkey. He whined at it. He is a dork.

325:365 - Winged Visitor

DSC_2925

07/27/2010 - When I got home from work this moth was clinging to our screen door. This thing was huge. Almost the size of a playing card huge. I wish I could have put something in the picture to give proper perspective but I was worried he would fly away before I took the picture. He hung out there for a while and scared the dogs when they went for their walk. Again, the dogs are dorks.

326:365 - SilverLime

YIP1 - 326:365 - SilverLime

07/28/2010 - I was introduced to SilverLime Jewelry from the Make It Do website. The jewelry is all hand stamped sterling silver and is just stunning. I will spend a lot of money at SilverLime. I can't show you what is in the box but it was better than I expected. (I paid for the item in the box & SilverLime did not ask for nor pay for this shout out on my blog).

327:365 - Puppy Pillow

YIP1 - 327:365 - Puppy Pillow

07/29/2010 - When I'm in the kitchen Shane usually sits in a dining room chair at the end of the counter (to stay out of my way!) and frequently he has a puppy in his lap. Skeeter likes to stretch out and use Shane's hands as a pillow. The dogs are spoiled, have you ever noticed this?

328:365 - Best Investment

YIP1 - 328:365 - Best Investment

07/30/2010 - While on vacation we stopped by a dear friends house where she told us about the Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker. The iced tea she made from it was delicious! We decided to pick one up. We picked up the 2 quart one but the bought the 3 quart one a week later. It has been the best investment. The machine cost $19.99 and a box of 100 tea bags costs $3.00. Shane had been drinking Lipton Unsweetened iced tea that sold for $6.99 for 6 bottles and he drank at least 12 bottles per week. This machine will save us $50 per month!! Sweet!  (We bought this iced tea maker with our own money & Mr. Coffee did not ask me to review this!)

329:365 - I Am Loved

DSC_2970

07/31/2010 - I left the house at about 8:40AM this morning and came back around 4PM. When I returned home the puppies were beside themselves excited to see me. Both insisted on being picked up so they could cover me with kisses (wagging their tails the whole time). Picking them up for a snuggle means I get covered in dog hair. Thank goodness for lint brushes!

Number of Photographs taken this week: 65

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that you call your dogs dorks.

Lisa (JeepGirl) said...

I think I'm going to have to get the bigger tea maker too! Mine is going on 15 plus years!!!

Meredith said...

Love the pic of Sparky and his toy! So cute. :)

Bluebird49 said...

Love that Ice Tea maker! We drink a lot of tea--sounds like a good investment.

And of course you're loved--and not just by your pups!

Tina J. said...

Oh my gosh, I've never seen so many doggy toys! What spoiled rotten kids you have! hehehe
I hope you gave him the darn monkey! He looks very desperate...

Lisa said...

Sparky and Skeeter are just about 2 of the cutest doggies around! If you don't give him that monkey, something tells me that soon you'll be posting a pic of him balanced on Skeeter's shoulders plucking it down! LOL!