08/08/2010 - Even though LOST has ended the LOST lunch group at work is still meeting monthly. Our fearless leader has been picking out an episode and a short story for us to read & then discuss during the lunch. I completely forgot last month (so I have make up work to do!) but I actually remembered this month! We watched the "?" Episode from Season 2 (21st episode) and read "All That Rises Must Converge" by Flannery O'Connor.
228:365 - Dinner to Go
08/09/2010 - We eat out a lot. This summer has been a bit worse than normal because I have been very busy in the evenings or just too tired to even care. Tonight I had a meeting so I ate during the meeting & brought home a bacon burger for Shaner.
339:365 - Waiting
08/10/2010 - This is a photo of Charley Stames, Superintendent of the Iowa State Fair's Photography Salon. We were all waiting on an incredibly hot day for the award ceremony to begin. This was a record setting year for the photography salon. 1,574 individual photographers entered 4,802 photos and of those 878 were exhibited. Of the 878 exhibited only 190 were awarded ribbons. Stames believes the photography competition at the Iowa State Fair is one of the largest in the country. It was a great experience to be there for the award ceremony and to get a sneak peek at the photos in the salon.
340:365 - Empty Ring
08/12/2010 - Last night at the State Fair Photography Salon preview I wanted to take pictures of my photos. It was incredibly hot (96 degrees with a heat index of 115). My camera had been in the cold air conditioning all day so when I went to take pictures the lens and filter fogged up. The fog was not going away and I really wanted to take a picture so I took the filter off to clean it off and dropped it. On the concrete floor. Of course, it shattered. This will be the second one I have broken this year! I would much rather break a $50 piece of glass then drop my lens!
341:365 - Disbelief
08/13/2010 - I spent the afternoon and evening of today in complete disbelief. What I learned was that staying true to who I am will always result in the best outcome.
342:365 - Dear John
08/13/2010 - Have you read "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks? I have you seen the movie "Dear John" based on the movie by Nicholas Sparks? I have read the book & seen the movie. I will admit that I enjoyed the book (a heartbreaking ending as all of Sparks' books have) but the movie? Why did they change the ending? I enjoyed the movie, I thought they did a great job...until the last 5 minutes. Oh well. At least there was no rental fee!
343:365 - My Favorite Part of Summer
08/14/2010 - Summer has been in full force here in Iowa. The heat has been raging for the last few weeks and the horrible over night storms has left many parts of Iowa flooded. The heat "broke" a bit today. It was 89 degrees with a heat index of 96. Now, it was still HOT but it wasn't 95 with a heat index of 115. What a difference. I was tired after spending several hours at work but decided that dinner on the grill sounded perfect. I love grilled food and this photo depicts my favorite time of grilling - when the food is ready to come off the grill. It was a delicious dinner & I'm so glad I decided to brave the heat to grill.
Number of photos taken this week: 41

2 comments:
Lost: Never watched the show and don't get the big deal. And you having a lunch group resseing episodes and discussing them along with texts made me laugh. You're a darling! :)
Iowa State Fair: Are you holding out on us on purpose? And I'm sorry about the lens... :(
Disbelief: Proud of you!
:kram:
I am honored that you called me the fearless leader.
Post a Comment