267:365 - Mess!
05/30/2010 - I attempted to make fresh fruit tarts this afternoon. I hadn't read the recipie at all so I didn't have what I needed so I found a different recipie...but made replacements. While the tarts turned out tasty I need to find a better dough. The fresh fruit compote part was delicious! Rhubarb for me & strawberry for Shane. The strawberry ones leaked quite a bit and I was so happy that I always use Silpats when I cook!
268:365 - Remembering
05/31/2010 - I found myself being much more reflective this Memorial Day. I'm not sure why. My family has a long history of being in the military and I'm so thankful for there service to this country. Thank you to all the men & women who have served this country...you are all heroes to me.
269:365 - Scared Birthday Boy
06/01/2010 - Today was Skeeter's 5th birthday. I can't believe he is 5 years old! Of course a huge thunderstorm came through tonight and Skeeter is terrified of them. I found the birthday puppy hiding behind the toilet! Poor thing!
270:365 - Reading
06/02/2010 - I've been trying to do more reading. Typically I read each night before I go to bed. When I read lighter novels I read a lot faster and have made it through most of this book in 3 nights.
271:365 - ninety-four cents
06/03/2010 - It costs me ninety-four cents to fill up my 20 oz refillable mug each morning with fresh coffee. We have a huge change jar so every morning I just pull out three quarters, a dime, a nickle and four pennies. By using change it makes me feel like I'm not really spending money on coffee every work day.
272:365 - Necklace
06/04/2010 - When Hillary was here we shopped in the East Village. We stopped in From Our Hands - a store I just love and could spend a serious amount of money in. Hillary found a beautiful clock and I treated myself to this lovely necklace. I don't usually buy a lot of jewelry because I don't wear it much but this piece makes me want to wear more!
273:365 - Stash Organizing
06/05/2010 - Friday night I went through my stash. All of it. It took a lot longer than I anticipated but I feel really good about the yarn I decided to give away to deserving knitters. Of course it meant two hours in front of the computer Saturday morning as I updated my Ravelry stash page and updated the monthly yarn journal I keep as a Google document. I love being organized!
Number of Pictures Taken This Week: 72

3 comments:
Some good stuff here, Sweetie!
By the way---only a few comment posts--not 300! That you cared enough to make sure I got the message---that was so important to me. That was so sweet.
I love the silpat picture. I love the look of a dirty mat. I know that dishes will be a breeze and I've found that things that goo out onto the mat are usually delicious.
What a cool necklace! Great choice.
Poor Skeeter! My grandparents' late dog was the same way, except his hiding spot was under the bed.
Post a Comment