Sunday, May 23, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 37

253:365 - Trailers

YIP1 - 253:365 - Trailers

05/16/2010 - We went down to Lake Suegma, just south of the Lacey Keosauqua State park to wander around. The lake looked fairly deserted but the parking lot made us laugh. A perfect line of pickup trucks & SUVs all with boat trailers behind them.

254:365 - Camera Silence

05/17/2010 - You have it right. I don't have a picture for today. The first time in this project that I didn't take any type of picture, even with my iPhone. It only took 254 days to get there. Not bad. We came home from being out of town and I had to unpack, do laundry, get the dogs from the kennel, take the dogs to the vet...all well 100% exhausted. My camera sat on the dining room table but I never gave it a second thought because I was concentrating too hard on staying awake!

255:365 - Daisies

YIP1 - 255:365 - Daisies

05/18/2010 - I took my camera out over lunch today. The weather had been crappy for a few days but the sun came out and I needed some fresh air. I wandered around the path of the Muto Recreation Area by the DSM Botanical Center and took pictures of the gardens that are starting to come in to full bloom. I've always loved daisies - I love the simpler flowers and they always make me happy. These daisies were enjoying the sunshine right along with me!

256:365 - Fire it up!

YIP1 - 256:365 - Fire it up!

05/19/2010 - And the good weather continues! I love grilled food a lot and I decided today that we were going to have a grilled dinner and I searched the interwebs to find how to grill tofu and it turned out so great. Shane enjoyed some salmon (that I burned, opps!!!) and we had grilled sweet potatoes (in the tin foil) and green beans. I love grilling weather!

257:365 - Power Through

YIP1 - 257:365 - Power Through

05/20/2010 - My coffee mug compared to my stack of work. 20 ounces of coffee doesn't seem to be enough to make it through that stack of work...but it sure helps. I love my morning coffee - I wish it was a bottomless cup!

258:365 - Hello Moon

YIP1 - 258:365 - Hello Moon

05/21/2010 - The morning started out grey, foggy, overcast & nasty. The evening turned out to be surprisingly nice! Bright sun, blue skies and puffy clouds. Even the moon came out to enjoy the lovely weather!

259:365 - Decisions

YIP1 - 259:365 - Decisions

05/22/2010 - I'm thinking about entering photos in this years Iowa State Fair. I have no hopes of even having photos displayed because there are over 4000 photos entered every year. I made some prints of my favorite photos and met with Kara today to decide which one need some work & which ones need to go. The photos at the bottom are what we narrowed it down to but not even these photos - there are other photos that I need to print out, I need to take one picture to black & white....and we'll meet again. It is a treat to have someone else to talk to about photography! I also have to admit I need to get better about making prints of my photos. I'm amazed at how much better they look in print form then they do on my computer screen.

Number of photos taken this week: 237

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Your dinner looks amazing. How did you grill your tofu? I thought about trying it last night but stuck to veggies instead. Please tell me it's easy and delicious. :)

Bluebird49 said...

Oh DO enter some in nthe fair!! You went 254 days--I couldn't have done it. I'm so proud of my girl!































Now--is the toful seasoned with anything? I just wonder what it woud taste like---think I'd prefer the salmon...or maybe a good steak!

Meredith said...

Mmm, we grilled tonight too. Grilling is the only time Lance gets to have fish, because I hate it when the house smells like fish. ;)

Caffeine Girl said...

I think you should definitely enter some photos, but I don't have any specific suggestions because they are all so beautiful!

IowaKnitter said...

You know I love your Christmas light with hoarfrost. I still have it on my desktop at work!