Monday, May 24, 2010

The End.

This contains no spoilers, I promise.  
However, do not click on the E! Online article link as that DOES contain spoilers.

An epic six-year television show ended last night.  I believe I am still in denial that the LOST series finale was last night.  I think my denial will  turn to anger tomorrow night when I turn on the TV at 8PM CST expecting to see a new episode of LOST on and find the finale of Dancing With the Stars. No offense to DWTS fans, I will just be missing LOST.

For four and a half hours Sunday night (and two hours on Saturday night) I was glued to the TV.  As with many fans, LOST has been the best TV show I have ever seen.  I was drawn in by the mystery, by (most of) the people but season five and this last season really drew me in.  By the end of the finale I was even a fan of Kate & Jack.....a story line has annoyed me for years.

The first 140 minutes of the finale were stunning - amazing - emotional (I went through 5 tissues) - bad ass - heartbreaking - uplifting.  The last 10 minutes, admittedly, left me confused.  I'm still working through those last moments of the show but I can say that I love the way the show ended.  While I feel fully emotionally satisfied I'm a bit sad that some of the intellectual/scientific/sci-fi items were abandoned for the relationships of the story.  But after conversations with others (I love my LOST lunch buddies & that Shane watches the show with me), thinking in my sleep (yes, it was that good) I've come to realize that LOST has always been about the relationships - the good, bad, ugly, and uglier - and how they affect every part of our journey through life even if we never recognize it.

I will be watching the finale "The End." again (and fast forwarding through the commercial breaks that occurred every ten minutes). I will be scouring the internet to read others interpretation of the finale, the show, the saga.  I just now, 3 minutes ago, found this article on E! Online.  Reading this article gave me an "ah ha" moment.  I think I get it. 

And now I know I love the finale.

I also had to share this awesome video posted on EW.com by the njussticeleague.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Great post, Sara. And thanks for the excellent Lost discussions!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the link Sara. That was an excellent article and it clarified my thoughts. I've been thinking about the episode since it ended last night.

-Carla

iKate said...

Thanks for the link to that article, SJ! Her theory was very similar to mine. I'm glad to see someone else had the same thoughts as I did!

Have you made it to the BSG finale yet? Those are both shows I really enjoyed, and yet I had TOTALLY different reactions to the finales. Just curious!