Sunday, November 22, 2009

YIP Week 11

71:365 - My Weekend Accompaniments

YIP1 - 71:365 - My Weekend Accompaniments

11/15/2009 - I'm happy to report that my neck is feeling so much better - I have no pain left! This weekend I sat on the couch with a pillow behind my neck and a heat wrap on it every twenty minutes and the Excedrin Back & Body helped my the pain disappear so my muscles could relax.

72:365 - Socks In Progress

YIP1 - 72:365 - Socks In Progress

11/16/2009 - These are basic socks following the Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipie and knit from Cherry Blossom Fiber yarn. The yarn is so fantastic to work with and has such lovely colors. (They are finished now and I can't wait to wear them!)

73:365 - Getting Cold

YIP1 - 73:365 - Getting Cold

11/17/2009 - The weather has been getting colder here so I've pulled the old stand by out of the closet - my felted clogs. They always keep my feet so toasty warm. Unfortunately the I've worn through the soles on both clogs so I need to either knit & seam on a new pair of bottoms or knit a whole new pair. For now they'll still keep my feet warm!

74:365 - Shane's Treat

YIP1 - 74:365 - Shane's Treat

11/18/2009 - Poor Shane can't enjoy all things dairy. He doesn't really find this to be a huge problem but has commented in the past that he is jealous that I can eat ice cream. In February he enjoyed his very first brownie sundae with soy ice cream that he just loved. While looking through the health market at the grocery store a few months ago I found La Loo's ice cream and immediately bought it. Goat Milk Ice Cream. Goat milk does not have lactose in it so I use it for cooking and have found butter, cheese, milk & yogurt but ice cream was a delicious find. Shane loves this ice cream and it is super tasty!

75:365 - Foggy!

YIP1 - 75:365 - Foggy!

11/19/2009 - It was a very foggy morning here in Des Moines. Usually I can see a 1/2 mile down the road here before the hill cuts off the view, but this morning I could only see several hundred feet.

76:365 - Once A Wasp Nest

YIP1 - 76:365 - Once A Wasp Nest

11/20/2009 - I walked around a bit along the Des Moines River near the Botanical Center during lunch today. The sun was out, it was pleasant outside, I had my camera so I figured a walk & taking pictures would be a good break from work. I found some remnants of this wasps nest in the tree and then found the rest in the leaves. It almost looked like an old newspaper among the leaves.

77:365 - Saturday Shopping

YIP1 - 77:365 - Saturday Shopping

11/21/2009 - This is the result of a shopping trip Saturday morning & afternoon. This is all locally made or grown and was purchased at the Des Moines Winter Market, Craft Saturday and from the shops in the East Village in Des Moines. I purchased some goodies for Thanksgiving, Christmas gifts and treats for the dogs. This is only 1/2 of the shopping for the day but the rest was at big box stores which was necessary but I was so glad I found so many wonderful local products.

Number of Pictures Taken this Week: 84

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I love those socks! Simple patterns with variegated yarn are just perfect.

That's great that Shane can finally have ice cream...no one should have to miss out!

Anonymous said...

You managed to get a lot done over the weekend, so you must be feeling rather spry! Your photos are gorgeous--I love the one of the leaves, particularly.

I love soy ice cream, and now I'll have to seek out goat's milk ice cream. I'm glad Shaner's finally getting to enjoy the wonders of creamy, frozen treats.

I so wish we had a Winter Market. I was lamenting that yesterday, in fact.

:kram: