78:365 - Soup!
11/22/2009 - I made butternut squash soup today and accompanied it with some great local blue cheese and ciabatta bread. Recipe here (http://www.musingsofessjay.com/2009/11/my-butternut-squash-soup.html.)
79:365 - Milestone
11/23/2009 - My car turned over 10,000 miles on the way home from work today. MilleE will be 1 year old at the end of January and I find it hard to believe that I've driven 10,000 already. I guess the 36 mile round trip to work each day adds up.
80:365 - Go To Hat
11/24/2009 - I knit this hat (Tamya by Woolly Wormhead) in September using some fabulous yarn gifted to me by the wonderful Anree several years ago. Ever since I finished this hat it has become my favorite hat to wear. As the temperatures continue to drop I'll soon be switching to a much thicker hat but for now I'll enjoy wearing this one!
81:365 - Try it Anyway
11/25/2009 - Since it is Thanksgiving week it only made sense to pull out the cook book to find a new pie recipie. This is the Triple Chocolate Pecan Pie from Baking Illustrated (from the folks at the Cook's Illustrated magazine). It looks horrendous, doesn't it? A little gross. Okay, a lot gross. However if you can get past how it looks and taste it? Man oh, man is it great. Next time I'll make my own crust (this one was in the freezer) but you can be sure that I'll use Ghirardelli Chocolate again.
82:365 Time to Eat!
11/26/2009 - Happy Thanksgiving!
83:365 - Puppy Kisses
11/27/2009 - Sparky & Skeeter both love to give Shane & I kisses. However, for some reason, Sparky just adores giving Shane kisses. When Shane comes downstairs in the morning Sparky starts wiggling and then proceeds to climb Shane to give him kisses. Lots of kisses. And even when Shane asks him to stop after a few seconds Sparky climbs up for more kisses!
84:365 - Finally Sewing
11/28/2009 - For my birthday in September Shane & I bought me a new sewing machine. I've had (and still have) my mothers sewing machine from 1969 but I could not find a quilting foot for it so I decided to get a new machine. I'd tested it out and my Mom gave me a fantastic tutorial when she was in town a few weeks ago but I hadn't taken the time to really use the machine since I purchased it in September. Having five full days off work to relax finally put me in the right frame of mind to sew so I pulled out my machine (a Janome DC2010) and used it to make the Birde Sling designed by Amy Butler. I used fabric I had in my "stash" and I really enjoyed getting to know my new machine and using some of the great features it offers. I see a lot more sewing in my future!
Number of pictures taken this week: 75

1 comment:
That soup and that bread look delish! And pecan pie is never bad, no matter how it looks.
Post a Comment