I'm borrowing this idea from my dear friend Anna at Anna's Corner of the World. Her story about starting highlights really resonated with me. I've enjoyed reading her other highlights entries (2, 3, 4). I've found lately that I've been very negative - work is hard, it is cold out, I'm in I was in pain, it is dark out, there is never enough time, and it just goes on. Winter is hard enough for me and my work situation isn't getting better. Clearly what I need to do is start focusing on the positive. There is a lot of good around me I just need to look harder to actually see it as it can easily be overshadowed by the bad. I can't say how often I'll post highlights - maybe just on my roughest days but, like Anna says, life is better when we focus on the good around me so I'm going to give it a try.
My highlights for 11/18/2009 which was a very frustrating day at work include:
- Delicious macaroni & cheese for lunch (from Amy's)
- Finishing a project at work that has been tough to make it through
- Daydreaming about finishing three knitting projects this weekend
- Skeeter "snuggles" when I got home from work
- Being pain free for the second day in a row
- Finding the "problem" in my homework assignments within five minutes of starting
- The warm heating pad at the chiropractor's office
And because the weather in Iowa has been cold, rainy and dreary I've been looking through my pictures of blue sky and sunshine because it will be back soon!

5 comments:
I hope the Highlight Search will be good for you! :kram:
Nice. I would enjoy your picture of blue sky and sunshine if only the network at work didn't block flickr. I'll have to settle for a peripheral view of gray gloom out of a far-away mail-slot size window. Now how do I find a positive in all that... ;)
Nice, SJ! (And Anna!) It is so easy to get bogged down in the woe-is-me portions of life. The simple pleasures are what get us through, and we'd do well to pay attention to them more. That's easier said than done, obviously, but I'm glad you're trying. This is also a great time to start given the time of year.
Big squishy hugs!
I agree, it's always good to look at the bright side, which you've done!
That's a great idea--especially around a time of Thanksgiving, anyway! Certainly if one thinks a few minutes, there are many things to highlight!
Post a Comment