22:365 - Sookie
09/27/2009 - We visited Savannah Breeze Alpacas for the open house they were having over the weekend. This is Sookie. She is about 11 months old and she caught my attention because she has a brown blanket! I've only seen solid colors alpacas before so I asked how she ended up like this and the owner said sometimes you just never know - her mom was white & dad was chocolate. I wanted Sookie's yarn but it wasn't for sale because it was too beautiful for Sonia to sell (which I totally understand!). The flecks of white shown through the brown and the yarn was so soft from her baby fleece. Next year I'll be back to buy Sookie's yarn and the owner has been warned!
23:365 Happy Homecoming
09/28/2009 - After going away for the weekend the puppies were very happy to see me when I picked them up from the kennel Monday night. They ran around the house checking everything out so their little tongues were hanging out. They were so excited it was hard to get them to sit to take their picture!
24:365 - Easy Fuel
09/29/2009 - Yes, this is a picture of my car getting filled with gas. I got a new car at the end of January and I love it for so many reasons. One thing I do truly love about it is the easy fuel gas tank. There is NO gas cap to take on and put back on. No longer do my fingers smell like gasoline. Sometimes it is little details like this that just make my day!
25:365 - Sun Through the Window
09/30/2009 - I've been leaving a bit earlier for work this week - just too much to do. The sun is rising as I leave and I looked over at Shane's car and saw the sun coming through the window through the condensation on the window. It looked like amber to me.
26:365 - Turning on the Heat
10/01/2009 - Proof that my photos don't always come out, but at least I took photos! This picture shows that my air conditioning is set to come on at 74 but the temperature in the house is 71. After I took this picture I reset the thermostat so that the heat would come on at 68. Guess what? When I woke up in the morning the heat was running. We went from a week in the 80s to a week in the 50s. Fall has arrived and I'm glad I have blankets in my house!
27:365 - Oatmeal Cookies
10/02/2009 - I love these cookies. As does Shane. And pretty much anyone who tries them. I don't know why they taste so good, but they do. The recipie card says "from Mom" but I don't know where Mom got the recipie but I'm not sure I care - they are SO good. Two dozen were enjoyed by my knitting group on Saturday and Shane and I will enjoy the other two dozen for another few days! (I love them so much I dedicated an entire blog post to them on May 1st, ironically for the last new member meetup for knitting!)
28:365 - Spoiled Sara
10/03/2009 - I'm spoiled. I have so many fantastic friends both near and far and this year several of them spoiled me for my birthday. Carla knit me a cowl out of luscious Malabrigo, Kara brought me an adorable sheep button and pen from her trip to England and Ireland and Liz made me the fantastic mitts out of alpaca. I never expect gifts but I'm always amazed at the thoughtfulness of people. Thank you to those who thought of me on my birthday, gifts sent or not! Please know how much I appreciate every single one of you!
Photos Taken This Week: 199

3 comments:
Sookie is so adorable! Great picture of her. Next year.......we'll fight over her yarn.
Sparky and Skeeter look sooooooo happy and soooooo cute. I'm always amazed at their cuteness!
Alpacas are such odd looking animals, but still so cute! And yum, those cookies look good. I should do some baking.
You DO have great friends...because YOU are a great friend. You have always amazed me with your generosity and spunk. Miss hearing more about you and Shane like we did at KH.com!
Love those mitts--I wish I could do that color work.
Post a Comment