Sunday, February 1, 2009

On Finding My Sanity...

It is still winter here in Iowa and I've found myself being very affected by the cold, the dark, the gray, the white, the ice. I tend to hide from everything in the winter and this winter has been no different. However, my sanity has thawed a bit this weekend...the sun has been out all weekend and the temperatures have reached the 40s. I've found myself peeking out, venturing out, becoming me again. I know winter isn't over yet, but this has been a much needed respite. I know I'm feeling better when the camera comes out. I haven't touched it in a month and in the last 2 days I've taken about 150 pictures with plans to take more this afternoon. So, I present a picture heavy post of what helps keep me sane in the dark days of winter...

Blue Sky & Sun...we see these a lot in Iowa but not with warm temperatures.


DSC_3742-edited1

Hints of Spring...these were given to me by Shane, and although he isn't in the picture he keeps me sane too. He brought these tulips home for me on Tuesday because he knew I needed a hint of spring...they did a lot for me this week.

DSC_3636-edited1



DSC_3633



DSC_3631


New Toys...just purchased yesterday. This will help me calm down while driving in winter weather - this replaces a rear-wheel drive Explorer and I love it. Manual transmission and 28MPG, Millie, my Escape, is wonderful!

DSC_3616-edited2


Cuteness Provided by Friends...an amazing crocheter and friend, Stacia, made these Amigurumi Jack Russells for me on request, and even made them to look like our pups, and she did a great job. Shane and I each have a set to take to work.

DSC_3711-edited1

Dogs Who are Always Curious, loving, good for a laugh and for snuggles & kisses when the darkest moments of winter are here...

DSC_3708-edited1



(can you see the mohawk in this one?)

DSC_3738

DSC_3717-edited1



DSC_3628


And of course there is knitting...more on that in another post.

5 comments:

Wendie / monkey loves oliver said...

Aw, mini Sparkle Barkle and Skeeter! Too cute for words! Yay for the new car :) Millie, I like that.

Diet Coke Mom said...

1) My babies.....Sparky looks like he approves of the amigurumi
2) The blue sky makes me think of a wonderful batt of fiber
3) Shane done good with the tulips
4) Your new Escape looks so shiny and wonderful
5) I am sick of Iowa winter, too

Stacia said...

I'm so happy that the ami puppies were a bright spot in the middle of this icky, cold winter. They were a lot of fun to make!

Jen said...

Woo! New car!

Those little amigurumi puppies are almost as cute as the originals! How darling!

Anna said...

Tulips!!!

And supercute amigurumi puppies!!!

And only 16 more days to go!!! :)