Friday, June 20, 2008

A Day to Frog

Moving on....

Sunday morning I woke, showered, walked the dogs and then it was time. I frogged the Juno shawl that was struck by tragedy. And once that was finished I frogged the body of the Cobblestone Pullover that was measuring three inches to big around and that Shane just swam in - two of him could have fit in there (maybe not but that is what it looked like!).

Frogging a full month of knitting took 15 minutes. And now I've moved on!

Needless to say once I realized on Saturday that I had two huge projects to frog I decided to take a break from knitting. With the flooding here in Des Moines the dog park is flooded as are all the trails that the pups and I walk on. The boys have been sad and in need of an outlet. Luckily, their friend Ernie has a fenced in backyard and loves visitors. Saturday night the three of us headed over there. The dogs ran, ate grass, peed on things together, rolled in grass, begged for treats, gave kisses and had a good time. And I forgot about the knitting tragedies and enjoyed the pups being silly.

Skeeter relaxing - he'd lay in the grass all day if he could

Sparky with his tongue hanging out - as usual

Our gracious host, Ernie

7 comments:

DiscKnits said...

I am proud of you for having the courage to frog! It can be so hard to let go of something you love so dearly. But just think that now you can start over and, when it's done, it will be even more perfect!

Diet Coke Mom said...

I still cringe when I think of frogging your hard work.

The boys look especially adorable. Ernie is indeed a fine host.

iKate said...

Oh SJ, you're a braver woman than I am. But I'm sure the new version of Juno will be even more beautiful than the first!!!!

Liz said...

Frogging is tough but it can be so freeing! Hahah... they peed together!? That's hilarious! :D

Anna said...

Glad you got the frogging done and can move on.

The dogs look exhausted from having too much fun!!! :)

:kram:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, sorry you had to do all that frogging. But if that's what it takes to make the project wearable/useable, then that's good.

I can see how the dog therapy helped soothe you after all that frogging!

Bluebird49 said...

The faces on the cuties having fun on the grass MUST have helped the sound of "Ribbet, ribbet!" quiet down a lot! Once UFO's are frogged--there is a sense of cleansing to me..it's just when they're stuffed into the UFO basket that they trouble me the most.
But....froggin' DOES seem like it lays waste to a whole lot of knitting, doesn't it!