How could they? Didn't they know the trauma this would cause me? Wouldn't it have been polite to ask if I was okay with the situation?
For those of you that don't know me, I'm pretty crazy organized. You can't see that by looking at my house, but I love lists and organizational tools. I blame thank my father for this. One of the most fabulous "gifts" he gave me was how we grocery shop. Sure, I use a list, but not just ANY list. My list is a computer generated check list. So, I hang blank lists on my fridge and just check off what I need.
I'm sure by now you've figured it out that it isn't JUST a list. No, the list is specific to MY grocery store, broken down by aisle and includes the things I'm most likely to buy. By aisle. Are you scared yet?
Seriously. It makes grocery shopping SO much faster and keeps me on track. Well, Thursday night we went to the store (after three weeks of not going to the store). At aisle 5 I noticed they'd moved the oatmeal squares to the other end of the aisle. All is good - they are still in the same aisle. Then it all went down hill. Aisles 7, 8 & 9 are 100% different.....and they've moved stuff to the other side of the store. I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized my dishwasher soap wasn't going to be found with the baby items. Where did the water go? What is a girl to do?
Re-do my list, that's all. I laugh at myself to think of the trauma of this event to me. I'm glad I only have these little traumas and I know it can be fixed. But, it doesn't change the fact that I wish someone would have told me, when I walked into the store, that everything had been moved. This girl needs a warning!

7 comments:
it sounds so familiar. my dad has such a grocerylist as well.
:) You make me smile, you know. I love your lists!!!
Hope you're not traumatized for too long. :kram:
I don't have lists, but I used to have the store memorized by my pattern of travel up and down the aisles. So long as I traveled that path, I didn't need a list - I would remember everything we needed. But then they went and changed everything and I about had a nervous breakdown. Srsly. I almost went fetal right there in the store. :rofl:
And I swear that the store I go to now has things organized such that you can never anticipate what is going to be shelved where. It's a test of my sanity every time I go in there!
:hugs:
You're my hero, SJ! I wasn't always the organized one (and I'm still not, really), but I've gotten a lot better as I've grown older. I love that your list was organized in order, though! I hope it was easy enough for you to re-work.
I had a similar feeling when I went grocery shopping at Walmart last week. I always go to Wegmans. I know Wegmans. I need this because I DON'T make a list. I go from one end of the store to the other, picking up whatever I think I needed. I don't know Walmart's aisles, so I didn't already know which ones to skip! It was horrible!
You're insane.
Love,
Stine.
Eeeeeeheeheeeheeeee! I love this. Because I get into modes where I start making these kinds of lists. And then I realize I'm starting to make myself a little anal, so I start forcing myself to go through the whole store backwards the next few times. :rofl: And then THAT becomes the pattern! See...so I'm *way* more nuts than you are!
:muah: We're awesome.
Post a Comment