Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Tale of the Spoiled Knitter

Having great friends is terrific. Having great friends who buy me gifts? Fantastic! Of course, gifts are not required to be my friend, but my friends still insisted on spoiling me for my birthday which makes the number not hurt as much! This is episode one of the spoiled knitter as I know there are other gifts on the way. You all are too much but I appreciate your kindness and your gifts. Now, in no particular order (except alphabetic) I present you with EssJay's gifts....round 1.



Andrea, the fabulous. Socks that Rock (STR) in the Ms LaRock colorway. She is the queen of STR and has the hook up at The Fold. Stunning! She also graced me with a hysterical card, The Magic Loop booklet and some bitch mints. A true gift from one bitch to another!





Janna, the spectacular. Janna struggled hard to drive to the Spunky Eclectic about an hour from her house and boy am I glad she did! She sent me one hank in the Riverwalk color way - 420 yards of soft earthy colors. So pretty! She also sent THE BEST cookie cutter in the world - a moose, complete with sugar cookie mix! To further the spoiling she sent so clean smelling hand lotion and a birthday cake smelling candle. My only birthday cake this year!






Jen, the incredible. She sent me Vogue Knitting's The Ultimate Sock Book. This book is fabulous! I read the first part - the history of socks like a novel. Could you EVER imagine knitting socks that had 25 stitches to the inch? WHAT? I'm glad I'm in 2007! Jen must know about my sock yarn stash....it must be a hint to get busy!






KellyK, the magnificent. Now, Kelly knows that I'm terrified of color. Well, most color. She decided she's going to change me by sending me fabulous yarn in colors I usually don't like. How did she do this? Alchemy 100% Bamboo anyone? The color is Foxglove, which is a red, a deep red. I. Love. It. The school colors for the College I work for are red and white....and Wednesday's we are supposed to wear red, so I know that this yarn will be knit and worn often! She also sent me two hanks of Mango Moon Capelli. It is a thin, mostly elastic yarn that I've used on wrist warmers and will be used on more wrist warmers.

Lisa, the amazing. Lisa has a newborn. Okay, Ellie is a few months old but how did she find the time to send me a gift??? She sent me four balls of Plymouth Yarns Oh My! in a fabulous teal color. This yarn is SO soft. I can tell it wants to be a snuggly scarf that I can wear close to my neck and face! She also sent Good & Plenty candy (my absolute favorite) and Pop Rocks. Strangely enough they are not in the pictures. I wonder why?


Sara, the astonishing. I didn't think this package would ever end! She sent the Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles book (again with the socks, have I gotten the hint yet?), the cutest bag pattern for sewing from Amy Butler - her Frenchy Bag. Time to dust off my machine I guess! She also included the most beautiful teal (#669) lace weight yarn (the picture color isn't right). It is Merino Lace from Skacel. Stunning! Still not done she also sent some fine fibers soak, point protectors and a shawl clip.



I am speechless ladies. Thank you all for your kindness and generosity! I love you all! I have such a great group of friends and I hope you all know that I love you even if you didn't send me gifts, I promise!

3 comments:

Becka said...

OH, look at all your GOODIES! You are so special, this is why your many friends have sent you such wonderful goodies!!!

Kate said...

And you have more to come!!!! :teehee:

KellyK said...

YAYYYYYYYYY Im SO glad you like the Alchemy!! It feelz NAAAHCE, no?? :eyebrow: