Monday, August 15, 2011

Blue

Back in July I shared the items I was entering in the Iowa State Fair knitting competition.

The blanket did not get done in time to enter (in fact I am still working on it, the darn border is never ending) and the pillow I was hoping to enter couldn't be entered because there was no class that it fit in.  That left me with five entries.

The Fair started on Thursday and the night before the Fabrics & Threads Division holds a preview night for all those who entered - a time to enjoy all the entries and see what won.  It was a lovely night - there were so many entries in crochet, quilting, sewing, knitting, and did I mention quilting?

I never expect to win anything, my goal is to share knitting with others and maybe to inspire someone to start knitting.  This year I was surprised that I won a blue ribbon! My Cedar Leaf Shawlette won the scarf class.  There were 34 other beautiful entries so I am humbled at my ribbon.


I went back on Saturday to take a second look at all the entries and really enjoyed seeing all the entries & lovely work.  I wandered around the photography salon also and was inspired to pick up my camera more to make sure I can enter that competition next year.

Congratulations to all those who won ribbons this year at the fair, no matter what they were for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

Hope you're doing well. :kram: