Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 46

I am losing steam on this project!! I can't believe there are only 6 weeks left!

316:365 - Empty

YIP1 - 316:365 - Empty

07/18/2010 - There have been a lot of dishes done in this house over the last few days. It is nice to finally see the dish rack empty!

317:365 - Agenda

YIP1 - 317:365 - Agenda

07/19/2010 - My knitting group holds a Knit In event each winter where a bunch of knitters, spinners & crocheters get together and play with yarn all weekend. I'm helping to plan the event this year so I worked up an agenda for the meeting & brought it home to review.

318:365 - Not Yours

YIP1 - 318:365 - Not Yours

07/20/2010 - Last night I tried out a new muffin recipie - Cranberry & Applesauce. They were quite delicious. Sparky managed to steal a whole muffin and then ate the entire thing, including the paper wrapper. Thankfully he is fine and at least there was nothing dangerous in the muffins. Still, he shouldn't have stolen it and certainly didn't pay attention to his "Not Yours" command....but I can't say I blame him. To get him back I made him pose with a muffin in reach and made him obey the "Not Yours" command!

319:365 - Hug the Wall

YIP1 - 319:365 - Hug the Wall

07/21/2010 - Skeeter has an "assigned" spot on the arm of the couch next to me. No worries, he is a tiny puppy so he fits comfortably. He also has a quadruple folded blanket to lay on (because the cushioned arm of the couch isn't enough) and he uses his blanket as a pillow. Pretty comfy right? Well, sometimes he decides he needs to rearrange and ends up in positions like this. He is so weird!

320:365 - Summer Guilt

YIP1 - 320:365 - Summer Guilt

07/22/2010 - It is now the end of July. I had this calendar made for Shane for Christmas that features a picture of the dogs each month. The picture for July is my little Sparkles paddling around the lake with a stick, his little tail acting as a rudder. This picture made me very sad this morning. Sparky loves to swim but he hasn't been swimming once this year. The summer has been busy and HOT and he was sick, his brother was sick, I was sick, there was work, then vacation, the park has been flooded on and off all summer, and other excuses. Poor puppy. Hopefully the heat will back off so we can get to the park to let the little one swim.

321:365 - Jar-O-Tasty

YIP1 - 321:365 - Jar-O-Tasty

07/23/2010 - This is one of the most wonderful things in the world. Cadbury Milk Chocolate Spread. The kind from England, not the poser Cadbury that Hershey's makes here in America. If you have never had REALLY Cadbury, I'm sorry. You should, it will change your view of chocolate. And the contents of this jar? Beyond delicious. Think Nutella, minus the hazelnut and MUCH tastier. Rumor is there is a British food market in Ames...I see a road trip coming when this jar is empty.

322:365 - Stash 401K

YIP1 - 322:365 - Stash 401K

07/24/2010 - I frequently find myself saying "stop buying so much yarn, you have plenty". I say this over and over but guess what? I don't listen to myself. I just keep buying yarn. In mid-June I had enough yarn for 29 pairs of socks...but that hasn't stopped me from buying 4 more skeins of sock yarn since then. As my mother with her fabric, I view my yarn stash (and budding fabric stash) to be a 401K of sorts. The yarn & fabric will not go bad so why not save it for when I retire? (As if that is around the corner). I guess I just have very little self control when presented with a sock yarn sale & Zauberballs.

Number of photos taken this week: 62

5 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful pictures as always! I see you say you're losing steam on this project and that there are only six weeks left... I understand where you're coming from but from my end I'm SAD that there's only six weeks left! I hope you consider continuing your photo journal! I am thinking about doing this project, too. I might start in the fall.

The muffins sound YUMMY! So funny about Sparky.

Your pups are SO great and you treat them so well. You are a happy little family and it definitely comes through.

The Cadbury milk chocolate sounds like HEAVEN! Doesn't help that I have a major craving for chocolate right now.

The new sock yarn is lovely. I especially like the light blue one. Nice nice!

Sarah said...

Liz just summed up everything I was going to type, so I guess I'll just ditto her. She is right, you should continue your photo journal.

Unknown said...

I guess it won't surprise you that I have that very same Chocolate spread :D

If you need more let me know <3

Caffeine Girl said...

As always, the pictures are wonderful.

I'm going to hunt down some of the Cadbury spread immediately. If you can get Lyle's Golden Syrup in the States, it seems like this must be available somewhere, too.

I've heard that sock yarn does not count as stash!

Tina J. said...

So, um, the chocolate spread sounds very dangerous, but I'm still curious... what do you do with it? (besides just sit down with the jar and a spoon.)