Monday, July 19, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 45

309:365 - Produce

DSC_2836

07/11/2010 - We had no food in the house this morning. We'd been gone for 12 straight days. So I made a trip to the grocery store where the bagger told me "I have never seen anyone buy this much produce all at once". I told him that was sad and I wish he would see more people buying fresh produce. I bought enough for a fruit salad, vegetable salads for the week and a few meals during the week. I'm no health nut but I sure do love fresh fruits & veggies!

310:365 - Bran Muffins

DSC_2842

07/12/2010 - Not an exciting picture by any means. Today was my first day back at work after vacation. It was a long day - very productive, but long & tiring. Shane had requested I make a batch of bran muffins to go with his meal for the week...and I forgot, like the good wife I am. So I made them this evening after work.

311:365 - Camera Silence, Take 2

07/13/2010 - Yes, here again I did not take a picture today. This is only the second time in 311 days that I have forgotten, so I'm not upset. I will say that "forgotten" is not the right work. I remembered several times during the day but I did not have a good day. At all. I was so absorbed in my own misery, rage and confusion that I looked at the camera on the table and just walked away. I even remember saying "you know, today I don't care if I don't take my picture." Those are not days I like to repeat and thankfully I have bounced back. I am a believer that sometimes we all have to hit rock bottom to start on the journey toward making things better. Hopefully Tuesday was rock bottom because I don't want to go any lower then that, ever.

312:365 - Heat

DSC_2844

07/14/2010 - Summer has found us here in Iowa. Days like these are miserable for me - I do not handle the heat well at all. When I got home I dumped 1/2 a liter of water on each of the dogs before we went out for our evening walk. I wish I would have dumped 2 liters on myself before we'd left the patio.

313:365 - Coleslaw

DSC_2848

07/15/2010 - I went back to the store and bought MORE produce! I have fallen in love with making coleslaw. It is just so refreshing to have during the summer and pretty healthy.

314:365 - Dyson

DSC_2849

07/16/2010 - I never appreciated a clean floor until we bought a Dyson several years back. Our dogs shed. A lot. They also shred rope toys on the carpet. And track grass and mud and bugs into the house. Yuck. But have no fear my Dyson takes care of it all. I pulled it out on this Friday afternoon to vacuum before company came over for dinner. The dog hair & shredded rope toy disappeared!

315:365 - Fresh Flowers

DSC_2851

07/17/2010 - Company coming over is always an excuse for me to buy fresh flowers and generally is the only time I buy them. I need to change that habit and just treat myself to them because I love having fresh flowers in the house.

Number of Photos Taken this Week: 15

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your produce looks great. Do you have a good coleslaw recipe?

Caffeine Girl said...

Great pictures. I love that last one. For some reason I am just loving yellow lately!

I've been a a cole slaw kick too lately. Isn't cabbage one of those super foods? I figure the health benefits outweigh the low-fat dressing I use.

Stacia said...

What a bunch of yummy fresh-looking photos!