Saturday, May 8, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 36

239:365 - Behind the Storm

YIP1 - 239:365 - Behind the Storm

05/02/2010 - There were some surprise storms this afternoon. None of us expected rain but it poured while I was downtown. On my way home I noticed this fantastic line of storm clouds followed by blue sky, white puffy clouds & sunshine. This picture does not really do the amazing scene any justice!

240:365 - Sick Puppy (1)

YIP1 - 240:365 - Sick Puppy (1)

05/03/2010 - Poor Skeeter hasn't been feeling well for the last few weeks. We think the construction, painting, carpet cleaning, furniture moving, extra days at the kennel and constant schedule changes upset his little system. The vet was confident that a course of antibiotics would fix him right up. Thankfully the drugs have done their job & he is feeling much better.

241:365 - Sick Puppy (2)

YIP1 - 241:365 - Sick Puppy (2)

05/04/2010 - Sparky decided he couldn't be out done by his brother who went to the vet on Monday night. Sparky had not been feeling well when I took this picture and after I took it he continued to get sicker. We ended up at the emergency vet. Thankfully he too only seems to have a tiny virus - nothing serious. He needed a bit of hydration so they pumped fluid under his skin and along with medication he was to eat rice and hamburger until his little system recovered. Tough week for the dogs & us. (Both dogs are feeling MUCH better now).

242:365 - Prepared for Nap Time

YIP1 - 242:365 - Prepared for Naptime

05/05/2010 - Exhaustion has been following me around for the last several weeks. Add the worry about both dogs being sick and I was pushed over the edge of exhaustion. I took the afternoon off of work to watch Sparky and I prepared this lovely nest on the couch - a spot for me to sleep with a pillow & blanket on either side of me for both dogs. Sparky had other plans for the afternoon so the 4-5 hour nap I was hoping for was only about an hour and a half.

243:365 - Storage

YIP1 - 243:365 - Storage

05/06/2010 - I came home to a nice surprise! Shane had assembled our new entry way storage system from Ikea. I think we've had this in the garage since February but I didn't want it put together knowing we'd be having contractors, painters & carpet cleaners in. All that is done (well, on the inside of the house) so Shane put this together while I was at knitting. We now each have a drawer for our scarves, hats & gloves (mine is almost FULL of delicious hand knits), I have a drawer for my purses/bags, and the dogs have a drawer for extra leashes, coats, collars and other random stuff. The shelf fits perfectly - better than I'd hoped and really cleans up the entrance to our house.

244:365 - Intarsia

YIP1 - 244:365 - Intarsia

05/07/2010 - Knitting time has been scarce recently and when I have been knitting I've been frustrated in trying to learn a new technique: Diagonal Intarsia in Garter stitch. I could find references for intarsia in stockinette, diagonal intarsia in stockinette and intarsia but not diagonal intarsia in garter. Even the magazine the pattern came in explained how to do it. Enter my savior, Mary. At knitting Thursday night Mary sat patiently beside me and set me straight on how to do this right. I'm so thankful to have such knowledgeable knitting resources in my life!

245:365 - Adorable!

YIP1 - 245:365 - Adorable!

05/08/2010 - I headed out to Fae Ridge Farm again today. I hadn't been since September and knew I had to go again this spring because of the baby lambs! The babies were beyond adorable and were very goofy. They made me laugh out loud with their antics.

Total number of pictures taken this week: 97

4 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I love your couch nest! I do the same thing when I need a respite.

The lamb is adorable!

Sarah said...

I'm glad the pups are feeling better. I hope you get some time to relax soon.

Anonymous said...

So glad the boys are feeling better and that you have great knitting help nearby (I don't!). :-)

Bluebird49 said...

Honey--I hope you're feeling more rested now!