Monday, March 29, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 29

197:365 - Yellow

YIP1 - 197:365 - Yellow

03/21/2010 - Spring is on its way outside but it is lovely to bring some inside. I bought these daffodils as part of a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. Money to a good cause and the smell of spring in my house - win win!

198:365 - Can I Hand These Out?

YIP1 - 198:365 - Can I Hand These Out?

03/22/2010 - There are moments when I wish we could call people's bullshit out loud, to their face, just to let them know they were caught, red handed. Handing out these little cards would be great too. Don't try to bullshit me, it only makes me disrespect you. How cool would it be to just hand one of these to someone and walk away?

199:365 - Knife Block

YIP1 - 199:365 - Knife Block

03/23/2010 - I love my knives. I have too many of them but when I really cook I can use most of them! I love that they have what the knife is written on the handle - that is how knives get worn out, pulling them out to see what knife it actually is. My time at Bed Bath & Beyond when I first moved to Iowa means I have lots of fun kitchen goodies!

200:365 - Distracted

YIP1 - 200:365 - Distracted

03/24/2010 - Yesterday I started not feeling well and work was weighing heavy on my mind. The combination left me feeling out of focus & distracted. I almost pulled out into oncoming traffic and don't really remember how I got home. Those are not good moments!

201:365 - transform

YIP1 - 201:365 - transform

03/25/2010 - The word "transform" was used about me today. Not that I myself transformed but that I transformed something else. There are days that I question what I'm doing in all aspects of my life but to hear that I can make a difference lets me know I'm heading in the right direction.

202:365 - Code Problem

YIP1 - 202:365 - Code Problem

03/26/2010 - This was my desk at work Friday afteroon.There are days when code drives me up the wall. Computer screens sometimes are just not big enough to see how the logic lines up and where code jumps to. When the code gets to complex I resort to printing out the code and tackling it old school with highlighters, post it flags and colored pens.

203:365 - Quilted

YIP1 - 203:365 - Quilted

03/27/2010 - My latest sewing project is finished & it involved quilting. This was my first sewing project that required quilting and while it was just straight lines I have to start somewhere, right? I had a lot of fun with this project and learned a lot - including how to use features on my new sewing machine.

Number of pictures taken this week: 66

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I entirely understand how much a pain coding can be! It feels like nothing but problem after problem in one of my classes. Printing it out to get a look at it is an amazing idea, and I hope you don't mind if I borrow it.

I would love to hand out those cards to some of the people I know--I don't know how much they'd appreciate it though. :P

Meredith said...

So what was the quilting project? Whatever it is, it looks great!

Bluebird49 said...

I love all your photos, but maybe the daffodils best. They're my favorite--or one of my favorite flowers.

Lots of people are getting into quilting, it seems....and you're a very busy girl! And a very up-lifting friend, too--I treasure our virtual/real friendship!

Liz said...

Hahahahhahahha! Bullshit cards. Brilliant!

I was thinking of you yesterday while you were feeling down and out. I hope that today is brighter for you. HUG.

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful -- I'd love to have some daffodils around my house right about now.

Yeah, those b.s. cards would be PERFECT. :-)

ZinkThink said...

You mean you can't actually transform into an awesome car or a sweet fighter jet? Bummer. But I suppose that whole making a difference thing sounds pretty cool too. ;)