113:365 - Crystal Snowflakes
12/27/2009 - When Shane & I got married we started collecting the Waterford Marquis Annual Snowflake ornaments....just something special for us. This year I cut it close and almost didn't get the 2009 ornament. It was sold out online everywhere so I was a bit panicked. I went to Bed Bath & Beyond two days after Christmas hoping that they could search inventories of all stores to find one for me. When I asked about the ornament they said "they are right there." SCORE! Not only did they have them right there but they were already half off! I won't wait as long next year but I was thrilled to be able to add the 2009 ornament to our collection!
114:365 - Winter Safety
12/28/2009 - I have a great pair of warm Columbia boots but there are two problems. 1) They zipper up the front instead of tie. The zippers do not stay up and I have lost my boot in snow drifts before because there was nothing "holding" it to my foot. 2) The Yak-Trax I have for it do not fit my boots. So, after having luck finding the 2009 ornament (see previous picture!) I decided to brave the mall and go to Scheels. It was a mad house but I came out successful - a new pair of warm boots and Yak-Trax to fit.
Lets hope these keep my fall down count at zero this winter!
115:265 - Skeeter Snuggles
12/29/2009 - Skeeter misses me when I'm not home! When I got home from my hair cut I was greeted with many kisses. We call this "snuggling" and he'll do it on command! I kneel on the stairs and he sits a few stairs up then jumps up to put his two paws on me so he can give me lots of kisses and then get belly scratches. I love these moments!
116:365 - Knit Night!
12/30/2009 - Tonight was knit night and it mean delicious yarn, a yummy latte, tasty peanut butter cookies. Of course it also included great friends - they just weren't there yet!
117:365 - Two Toys
12/31/2009 - Sparky got a new toy - the purple one and in this picture he is trying to rip it apart (and did quite a good job). Next to the purple toy is his favorite toy of all - that is also missing its legs, horns, squeaker and has a rip 1/2 way up the back.
118:365 - A Bit Of Ice
01/01/2010 - December was a crappy weather month for Iowa. It was the second snowiest Iowa on record - 28.1" total`. Yuck. This view is out of the window in our office loft. We face south & had a lot of rain and sun and snow so now we have huge icicles 5 feet tall and one foot in diameter. I hope this doesn't damage our roof!
119:365 - Trying to Stay Warm
01/02/2010 - The bitter cold has found us here in Iowa. When I walked the dogs at 9:00AM the temperature was -15F degrees with a windchill of -30F degrees. The tea pot has been in use a lot as we try to stay warm!
Number of Pictures Taken this Week: 128

3 comments:
Oh my! Those icicles are insane! Stay clear of those when the weather gets warmer.
If we have freezing temps here in Florida, I KNOW it's bitterly cold in Iowa. Stay warm! I thought that red toy was a ball until you said it was missing legs, lol.
I love those Waterford snowflakes---but boy! those icicles are something else! I know you're getting tired of snow.
Post a Comment