Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ice Storm - The Outside

We've been spoiled here in Des Moines for the last few weeks.  The temperatures have been in the 30s which is a heat wave!  I thought Mother Nature was done with us but she had different ideas.  She decided we needed another winter storm.  Thankfully she did not dump snow on us.  However the ice she threw at us I'm now wishing it was snow.  The poor dogs literally slid right down the driveway this morning.  Even with my Yax Trax I was sliding around too.  Thankfully work was closed for me and Shane was able to work from home.  I couldn't resist taking pictures of the ice.  I suited up and didn't leave the driveway - that way if I fell Shane would have been able to hear me yell (he waited downstairs while I was out).  Soon I have to go try to chip off my car so I can go to work tomorrow.  That is going to be an adventure.

Tomorrow look for a "Ice Storm - The Inside" post to see what I did to make my "ice day" from work productive & relaxing!

DSC_9381

DSC_9380

DSC_9376

DSC_9364

DSC_9361

DSC_9354

DSC_9356

DSC_9344

DSC_9332

4 comments:

IowaKnitter said...

My windshield looked like that this morning too!

Anonymous said...

OMgosh, the antenna too! 30 degree weather was killing me; nice to know someone thinks it's "warm" LOL

Wendie / monkey loves oliver said...

The last time I experienced this, the ice glued our car to the driveway. Not that I was going to go anywhere anyway.

Kristina Strain said...

Great pictures! That is a lot of ice. Hope you didn't have to go anywhere.

Kristina
Sweetfern Handmade