Monday, October 26, 2009

Year in Pictures - Week 7

I'm a day late this week because we were on out of town.  I love vacation and I'm so thankful that Shane and I were both able to take five full days off of work and that we were able to get out of town for a few days.  We adventured to Chicago and truly appreciate everyone's understanding that we were just taking this trip for us.  I didn't even make it to a yarn store this trip!

43:365 - Fall Is Here!

YIP1 - 43:365 - Fall Is Here!

10/18/2009 - Fall is here in Iowa, I guess I just needed to know where to look. The colors also exploded while we were away - it really is lovely here right now!

44:365 - SUN!

YIP1 - 44:365 - SUN!

10/19/2009 - Yes, this is the sun. We haven't seen much of it over the last week - it was very rainy so when it actually stayed out all day it seemed natural that it should be the picture for the day!

45:365 - New Adventure

YIP1 - 45:365 - New Adventure

10/20/2009 - I've knit many pairs of socks but always from the cuff down on DPNs. I'm a creature of habit. I've wanted to learn different ways of knitting socks but never forced myself to do it. So, I signed up for a toe up sock class at a local knitting shop (Charity's in Altoona). Not only am I learning toe up but socks on magic loop and two at a time. Three new things to learn! Go me!

46:365 - Beginning of Vacation

YIP1 - 46:365 - Beginning of Vacation

10/21/2009 - We headed out on vacation today. My rule is that vacation never really starts until we are out of Iowa. So, here we are crossing the great Mississippi. The fall colors were amazing (not that you can tell from this picture!) and it was so great to actually be on vacation and start relaxing.

47:365 - See the Sea Otter?

YIP1 - 47:365 - See the Sea Otter?

10/22/2009 - I love Sea Otters. It is actually kind of crazy how much I enjoy watching them. We went to Shedd Aquarium today and spent the whole day in the Oceanarium which had been closed on our last visit. The Sea Otters were being very playful when we first arrived. Sadly not many of my pictures turned out :( When we were getting ready to leave they had calmed down and were sleeping. This is one of the few good pictures I got. I could have spent the whole day in front of their tank...Shane is glad I didn't!


48:365 - Discovering History

YIP1 - 48:365 - Discovering History

10/23/2009 - We spent the day at The Field Museum. We saw two special exhibits one on Pirates and one on Diamonds - they were awesome! Of course there was no photography allowed in either exhibit and many of the exhibits in the rest of the museum were very dark to preserve the artifacts but that darkness and no flash allowed anywhere made picture taking very very difficult. I did get this shot in the Ancient America's exhibit at the start of the Aztec display.


49:365 - Fall In the City

YIP1 - 49:365 - Fall In the City

10/24/2009 - We spent this beautifully sunny day wandering up and down the Magnificent Mile and stopping by Millennium Park. It was the most perfect day for taking pictures. While the gardens had all passed the fall colors were lovely and it was nice to get lost in a several acre garden in the middle of the city.


More pictures of vacation to come but for now I must go clean the house so I can go pick up the puppies and finish preparing for my parent's visit this weekend!

Pictures taken this week: 756

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm so glad the otters were there for you this time!!! I remember a sad essjay when we realized the otters wouldn't be there for us but on vacation...

I'm also glad you got to get a vacation for just the two of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors! So glad you two were able to get away with just each other.